Join the Board of Directors
Board Member Recruitment
National Voices for Equality Education and Enlightenment (NVEEE) is looking for passionate leaders to fill positions on our national Board of Directors, the group of volunteers who support the work of NVEEE and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. The Nominating Committee needs your help in identifying candidates for the Board; if you are interested or know of someone who’s interested please read on.
NVEEE, established in October 2009, is a pioneer in developing and facilitating bullying prevention workshops to school communities and workplaces nationwide. Its mission is to prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families, and communities, through direct service, mentoring and prevention education.
NVEEE programming has been presented to over 50,000 students, parents, and community organizations. In South Florida alone, NVEEE has reached thousands of students through its signature Be Upstanding™ Bullying and Harassment Prevention Program. In October 2011, Be Upstanding™ (formerly “Not On My Watch”) became available as a school-wide program accessible to educational institutions across the nation.
Desired Areas of Expertise
- Field of Education (All Levels)
- Legal or Accounting
- Philanthropy background
- Communication/ Social Media
- Business Development / Branding
- Marketing/Public Relations
- Nonprofit Board Governance
- Business/finance expertise
- LGBTQ+ Advocacy
- Community Organizer
Desired Qualities of a Board Leader
- Passion for the mission and vision of NVEEE
- Willingness to dedicate time and share resources
- Eagerness to attend fundraising events, or contribute to the ideas of fundraising
- A team builder that’s able to work well with others
- Show competence to grow the organization by thinking outside the box
- Possess a high level of integrity and commitment
- Willingness to be held accountable
Time Requirements for Board Members
- 2 Hr monthly meetings
- Attend 80% of monthly board meetings in person
- Attend significant fundraisers
- Attend at least one school workshop per year
- Attend at least one Peace Ambassador training session per year
- Participate in annual Board Retreat
- Periodically share about NVEEE on social media
- Board training when necessary
Personal Financial Commitment
- $1,000 Annual Gift (Payable annually/ monthly/quarterly)
- Participation in Give-or-Get Policy
- Help secure in-kind and monetary donations
Make an Impact. Apply Today!
You may have a personal relationship with an individual who would be an ideal candidate for our Board of Directors. If you or someone you know can help influence the future of NVEEE, apply today, or set up an appointments to speak with our Chair, Jowharah Sanders, at 954-866-5880 or via email at JowharahSanders@NVEEE.org.
We’ve Raised over $500,000 and counting.
Joining the board also means participating in one or more of its committees. if you already know the area where you can make a difference, congratulations! If not, that’s ok as well. We will help you find an area that best suits your personality and enhances your areas of strength. Knowing where you can best serve, helps us to maximum effectiveness and has proven to increase our donations. Take a look at our committees below:
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Philanthropy, Fundraising, and Sponsorship Committee
- Membership Committee
- Communications Committee
- Event Planning Committee
- Program Development Committee
- Board Development and Nominations Committee
- Student Activities Committee
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead