WHAT DO I BRING?
***Any community service paperwork that needs to be signed***
**MEALS ARE NOT INCLUDED! BRING FOOD FROM HOME OR MONEY TO DINE OUT**
***Bring cash for snacks and drinks from vending machines**
***You have the option to pre-pay for meals or you can bring your own meals. All rooms have a full size refrigerator so bring any frozen dinners, fruits, water, cereal, milk, granola bars, energy drinks, anything you want to eat that doesn’t require a stove. Community microwaves will also be available.
***There are no irons in the rooms. You can purchase **wrinkle releaser** from Walmart, Target, or many Dollar General type stores. Just type wrinkle releaser in google.***
IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER:
- Deodorant. Because it’s hot as concrete
- Umbrella. Because…well.. it’s South Florida in June
- Twin Bedding + Pillow. Because. College Dorm. Thats. All.
- Gym Clothes for outdoor activities. MUST WEAR GYM SHOES + SOCKS
- Painting clothes. Unless you’re really careful with hand paints for art projects
- 2 Semi-formal dress pieces. (1 for the Fundraising Art Auction + 1 for Talent Show)
- Pool Attire + Sunscreen!!! Yes! We will have a pool party.
- Anti-Prom Attire. The teens have spoken and they all agreed – regular prom sucks! Instead, let’s have our own prom where we can be who we want to be, at the “anti-prom” dance. Clothing showing inappropriate amounts of skin or vulgarity or hateful/hurtful slangs will not be tolerate.
Other things include:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Flip flops
- Dress shoes
- Under garments
- Nice tops for dinner
- Shirt to wear for group games
- Casual shirts
- Nice pants/skirts/dresses for dinner
- NO SHORT SHORTS*
- Weather appropriate clothes
- Laundry Bag
- Toothbrush and paste
- Hair stuff
- Hair spray/Gel/Mousse
- Pony tail and clips
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Brush & Comb
- Other products
Room Supplies (For $6 per day you may rent bedding from FIU) BED IS A TWIN size!!
- Twin Sheet
- Bath and hand towels
- Any portable instruments you may play
- 1 reusable water bottle for the entire trip
- Snacks such as chips, juice, cookies, fruit etc.
- Prescription medication(s) – must be listed on your application
DON’T BRING: These items will be confiscated & returned after camp.
- iPods, iPads, Tablets, MP3 players, DVD and CD Players etc.
- Knives or weapons of any sort
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs or tobacco of ANY kind