Peace Ambassador Leadership Program (PALP)
This program is being held virtually via Zoom and in person. Our mission is to educate and empower youth with leadership and interpersonal skills that prioritize mental wellness, team building, social responsibility, and conflict resolution through a social justice framework.
ABOUT PALP (Held Virtually and In-Person)
The Peace Ambassador Leadership Program (PALP) empowers youth with strong intrapersonal skills with a focus in developing conflict resolution, establishing personal identity, financial stability, team building, mental health and self care, college and career preparation, self-esteem development, and comprehensive training through a social justice framework.
PALP also provides the necessary tools so youth are successful in their service projects and can be fully immersed in workshops on topics relating to cultural awareness, empathy-building exercises, situational awareness, violence, self-harm, gender and orientation, and leadership development. PALP aims to bridge the gap between the combination of personal and academic experiences and the transition into adulthood, especially for historically underrepresented communities.
All students are required to participate in a service project. Projects may be completed alone or with a partner or group. Service hours are provided for all time spent on projects through the program.
Service & Self-Care Trips
We regularly visit Orlando, FL, Washington D.C, and the Florida Keys to facilitate NVEEE’s workshops for schools and community centers, or for self-care team building retreats.
You may complete steps 3-5 in any order as long as they are completed by the deadline.
- Step 1: Review the time commitments and consult with your parents that you will have transportation and their full support. (You may also attend virtually via Zoom)
- Step 2: Complete the online application at NVEEE.org/PALP
- Step 3: Have parent/guardian sign and return the consent form (we will email it to them via DocuSign after you’re admitted)
- Step 4: Have your reference complete the Reference Form HERE
- Step 5: Pay the $50 tuition fee HERE
Complete applications must be submitted by September 30th. Payment may be completed by September 30th, or October 7th after notifications have been emailed.
Tuition for the 2021-2022 class is $50. If you pre-pay and you’re not accepted into the program you will receive a full refund. For a need-based scholarship for tuition assistance, reach out to Ms. Sanders at JowharahSanders@nveee.org.
- Be enrolled in a public or private high school
- Hold a 2.0 gpa or higher
- Have a passion for community service
- Have a high interest in developing leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate leadership in schools and/or communities
- Only if residing in the South FL area, you must attend at least two (2) partner events between October 2021 and May 2022
- Attend at least seven (7) of the nine (9) monthly trainings which take place on a Saturday or Sunday between 11am and 3pm
- Participate in a mandatory service project outside of PALP and school hours (projects may be completed in your home city)
- Attend at least one service or self-care retreat (usually a 2-4 day trip) to Orlando, Washington D.C. or other FL locations. (Covid-19 and its variants are a consideration so a trip may not occur in 2021)
- Participate in a designated group chat with other PALP participants
- May be selected to serve as a Junior Counselor (8 days) for one or multiple Peace Ambassador Leadership Summits (PALS) at either University of Central Florida or Florida International University.
- Develop life-skills
- Build confidence and resilience
- Get college advising from a FIU Honors advisor
- Build your resume and college application
- Make friends from all across FL and beyond
- Learn conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Learn how make a lasting impact in the community
- Service hours for all meetings, trainings, and activities
- Learn how to develop and deliver a personal elevator pitch
- Get support with researching and writing scholarships and grants
- Develop the ability to create presentations, lead workshops to enhance public speaking skills
- Receive full support completing a passion-based service project
- Gain professional experience working with community leaders and interacting with business professionals
All students are required to participate in a community service project of their choosing.
Our Core Values
Serve as an acting example of trustworthiness, honesty, and transparency.
Passion and Resilience
Demonstrating a commitment to leadership and positively impacting local and/or global communities while having the resilience to adapt to change and overcome obstacles.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Amplifying the voices and experiences of those in historically or systemically excluded communities. while providing equitable access to resources.
Creating healthy relationships grounded in unity, accountability and mutual respect that’s sustained by cultivating good physical and mental health while motivating and embracing the involvement of others.
- Assuming responsibility for individual projects, deadlines, community requirements, and any outcome that may follow.
- Ensuring the success, safety, and educational growth of each member in the program.
Holding communities accountable for powerful and educated shifts around human rights issues by having intentional, thoughtful, and insightful conversations.
Testimonials from PALP Alumni
Still wondering if this program is right for you? Read reviews from PALP graduates.
“NVEEE is such an incredible program! And the experience I got was unlike any other I’ve ever had. The message NVEEE is promoting is beautiful. The workshops were very moving as I learned a lot about topics I would never be exposed to at home nor at school. NVEEE has opened me up a lot as well. I feel at home, and everybody involved with NVEEE is like my family. During their weeklong summit, even though I didn’t talk to everyone, I felt like I could’ve trusted them all and that is the kind of environment NVEEE creates for everybody.”
“NVEEE has definitely impacted my life for the better. I’ve created some of my greatest and most amazing bonds and friendships through this program, and through our PALP Leadership training I have grown into a more confident person. NVEEE holds a leadership summit over the summer at FIU and it was such a beneficial experience for me. I learned how to be a better person, a better leader and a better contributor to the world. Thank you, NVEEE for all that you’ve done for me and my fellow youth.”
“I will always thank NVEEE for helping me become the person I am today. All the leadership skills and compassion that I have today is because of this organization. Nothing compares to working with so many young adults trying to make a difference in the world.”
“NVEEE changed my life for the better. I participated in their leadership summit in 2019 and was recruited as a volunteer then. I have been a part of their leadership training program (PALP) ever since, where I was mentored in public speaking skills in a diverse and welcoming environment. Vulnerability and trust are encouraged and celebrated, creating not just a productive learning environment but a veritable family among the volunteers. I owe my confidence in both casual social situations and professional work environments to NVEEE.”
“NVEEE creates a very welcoming and accepting atmosphere. Everyone is so friendly and understanding of each other. The counselors are very friendly and work very hard to provide a memorable, engaging experience to all of its participants. This program has helped me come out of my shell a bit and make plenty of friends!”
“Being a part of NVEEE’s leadership training program (PALP) has truly allowed me to grow as a person and leader, as well as learn so many invaluable lessons. From learning how to be a better public speaker to gaining clarity on career paths, being a part of this organization and program has allowed me to develop skills that I have and will continue to use in my everyday life. Being surrounded by others who share my same passions and interests was also an amazing experience! I was able to learn so much from those around me such as to embrace who you are and to advocate for yourself. I am so thankful to NVEEE for having the opportunity to participate in PALP.”
When a Peace Ambassador Becomes a Jr. Counselor at PALS
Select Peace Ambassadors from PALP will be invited to serve as Jr. Counselors at the Peace Ambassador Leadership Summit (PALS). This video testimonial is from PALP graduates who also served as Jr. Counselors for PALS, and depicts their journey throughout the program and while at PALS. The dates for PALS 2022 are as follows: University of Central Florida (in Orlando) from Saturday, June 19th through Sunday, June 27th, and Florida International University (in Miami) from Saturday, July 17th through Sunday, July 25th.
Sample Program Schedule