Fundraising Committee Highlights
Communications Committee Highlights
Event Planning Committee Highlights
Serving as a member or volunteer on a committee enables the community to contribute to one or a handful of internal projects suited to their specific skillset, and to see it through to completion. Serving on a committee requires a minimum of 10-40 hours per month (depending on the committee and their active projects) for 6+ months. To find out about volunteer positions, please click here:
- Philanthropy & Fundraising
- Event Planning/Activities
- Program Development
- Student Activities
Philanthropy & Fundraising Committee
The Philanthropy & Fundraising Committee is responsible for overseeing the organization’s overall fundraising. It’s responsibilities include:
- Working with staff to establish a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles, such as special events, direct mail, product sales, etc.
- Working with fundraising staff in their efforts to raise money
- Taking the lead in certain types of outreach efforts, such as chairing a dinner/dance committee or hosting fundraising parties, etc., and
- To monitor fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.Learn More
The Sponsorship Committee coordinates with the Treasurer to make sure that all sponsorships are paid. Assists the Special Events Committee in coordinating, planning, and directing all of the Community Day events. Sends end of year thank you letters to all sponsors.
- Coordinates with the Treasurer to make sure that all sponsorships are paid.
- Assists the Special Events Coordinator in coordinating, planning, and directing all of the Community Day events
- Sends end of year thank you to all sponsors.
- The Membership Committee shall carry on at least one membership solicitation drive each quarter. This committee shall also recommend to the directors the types and amounts of dues for memberships in the organization.
The Communications Committee consists of current members of the board and appointed community members who oversee development and implementation of the Marketing Plan, PR Plan, and Social Media platforms, including identifying potential markets, their needs, how to meet those needs with products/services/programs, and how to promote/sell the program and services of NVEEE.
Event Planning/Activities Committee
The Activities Committee shall organize various activities and events, not necessarily limited to fundraising events, and coordinate its efforts with, and assist, the Communications Committee.
Program Development Committee
- The Program Development Committee is charged with designing and sometimes presenting NVEEE’s signature educational programming and organizing community dialogues on various topics through training, invited speakers, summits, conferences or other activities to enhance the knowledge and to exchange information. The committee is also responsible for programming NVEEE’s Bullying Prevention Summits.
- This committee also develops programs for all youth services, including mentoring and peace ambassador programs.