The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a diverse youth-led group from across the country who advises NVEEE’s Board of Directors and Executive Team on social and educational matters that students care about most. They have a primary “say” in what’s represented in NVEEE’s signature bullying prevention workshops and they help to develop projects and campaigns related to the organization’s work, including the Peace Ambassador and Mentoring Programs.
So seriously… how much time will this take and what do we actually do?
You tell adults what to do! Smile. You read that right. You tell us what to do by corresponding one-on-one, or in a private social media group, with the Executive Director and other committee members of what projects to start or abandon. You remind everyone involved with NVEEE that it’s never about ME; it’s always about WE.
- Attend at least 1 Peace Ambassador Leadership Summit
- Be an active Peace Ambassador
- Connect with and support fellow Ambassadors
- Correspond weekly with assigned group leaders if necessary
- Participate in monthly meetings
- Contribute 2 campaign or project ideas
For inquires and information email info@NVEEE.org