To prevent bullying, violence, and suicide among youth, families and communities through direct service, mentoring and prevention education.
National Voices for Equality, Education and Enlightenment (NVEEE)™, established in October 2009, is a pioneer in developing and facilitating bullying prevention workshops to school communities and workplaces nationwide. Founded by children’s advocate, bullying prevention expert and survivor, NVEEE is comprised of a diverse team of professional educators, business leaders, parents and student Peace Ambassadors.
NVEEE’s founder believes that “bullying itself is not the problem. It is a symptom of unresolved challenges. Bullying prevention succeeds when we transcend the root causes.” Simply put, if we don’t start addressing the root causes of why we alienate and other, we will forever wonder why with all the millions of dollars poured into anti-bullying campaigns, do we still have a problem.
Our organization is compelled to turn bystanders into upstanders. It has a proven track record of educating and empowering students, parents and teachers to learn and take preventative actions. Education is an essential component of how NVEEE engages families and communities for social change. From universities, religious communities, medical centers and social service agencies, the organization has presented to over 30,000 students, parents, and community organizations.
In South Florida, NVEEE has reached thousands of students through its signature Be Upstanding™ Bullying and Harassment Prevention Program. In October 2011, Be Upstanding™ (formerly “Not On My Watch”) became available as a school-wide program accessible to educational institutions across the nation.
Nationally, NVEEE’s work has been recognized by:
- The John Ben Snow Foundation, Grant awarded 2016
- The Miami Foundation, Grant awarded 2015
- Wells Fargo Community Partner Grant awarded May 2014.
- U.S. Congresswoman Representing Florida’s 22nd Congressional District, Lois Frankel, entered NVEEE into the Congressional Record in February 2014.
- U.S. Congressman and Chairman of the Congressional Anti-Bullying Caucus, Mike Honda, entered NVEEE into the Congressional Record in January 2014.
- The Be a Star Anti-Bullying Initiative Grant awarded in January 2014.
- ABC Network’s “Secret Millionaire”, as a non-profit awardee. (Air Date: August 5, 2012).
- NBC News “Education Nation”, participant in their initiative to engage the country in a solutions-focused conversation about the state of education in America, (Air Date: September 28, 2010).
- CBS Network’s “The Talk”, NVEEE featured on their website in October 2010.
- Al Jazeera English, the world’s first global English language news channel to be headquartered in the Middle East, feature on NVEEE (Air Date: November 10, 2011)
- NBC6 Neighbors for Neighbors, Segment on NVEEE (Air Date: September 16, 2011)
- U.S. House Rep. Frederica Wilson (D) 17th District Florida, entered NVEEE into the 112th Congressional Record in June 2011.